Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

STAR TREK... THE NEXT GENERATION

my two girls!

I was sitting in front of my ACER yesterday, I hear a bong and a bing, and there Holly is, coming alive on my screen.  I am talking and seeing my first born daughter live from Dusseldorf Germany via Skype.
dad and daughter

Brings back memories of Star Trek in the 60's.  There is Captain James T. Kirk, talking via videophone to Mr. Spock about the imminent Klingon arrival...


Holly and the Serow.

Here I am, 2 o'clock in the afternoon at my home in Calgary AB, talking to Holly 5000 miles away.  In the background is Kevin, they are both in Germany furthering their Architecture educations.  The place is Kevin's tiny little, but very cosy accommodations.

Nice to get out with my girls every now and again

My eldest daughter is once again, far from home, doing what she does, gaining experience and learning about the World, and her place in it.


great summer days

She has been from her school, Dalhousie (Halifax), to South Africa, Botswana, Tanzania and Mozambique these last few months.  A brief visit to Canada which included a couple of days here in Calgary, before heading to Germany and school.


my first born

During her short time with Lisa and I, and the few friends she could get to, father and daughter took a little ride west into the Rockies.  Holly on the 225 Serow and Dad on the big brother 600.  Holly first rode a motorized two wheeler at age five, out back of my shop in Charlottetown PEI.


home for a couple of days

Over the years, during the limited time we have had, we've tried to spend some quality time on two wheelers.  It's not only a bonding experienced, but a chance for Hol to keep her skills relatively fresh.  Never know when you may have an opportunity to ride a big scooter in Napoli.


elbow river

Even thought our latest ride was short, it was a great chance to spend some memorable hours with my girl before she jetted off across the World again.


scooting along

Moral of the story... if you can dream it (aka Gene Roddenberry) you can accomplish it.



No comments:

Post a Comment