Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The OTHER route 66


A few years ago, while in my bachelor mode... I had asked a date to take a drive to B.C. on route 66, topless.


She was aghast at my directness.


Thought it may be a bit much on a first date...


"What..."  I stammered, "was wrong with taking a nice afternoon drive in my MGB... to have a quiet dinner in Bragg Creek?"


Women eh?  Always jumping to conclusions!?


B.C. (not British Columbia) is a very quaint little hamlet a short drive/ride west of Calgary.  During the week, you may see some ranchers in having a breakfast, or local deliverymen, a few bikes perhaps, but come the w/e and this quiet little burb takes on a whole different personality.


You see, Bragg gets invaded by hordes of cruiser motorcycle types, sports car enthusiasts and campers heading for the hills beyond!


Bragg Creek is on the Cowboy Trail and also the starting point for our Alberta route 66.

No comments:

Post a Comment