Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 11, 2010

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!


That's me.
Giving the dual Victory signs.
And in the background, that's the vaunted Calaway Park roller coaster. Not much by Coney Island standards I'd imagine, but in the few hundred times I've driven by on the Trans Canada, seeing it loop the loop, I often wondered whether I would toss my chocolate chips if I gave it a try.
You see... I am very prone to motion sickness!





Brenda, Anna and I had tried earlier in the season to do a Calaway Day... of course, as per usual, we arrived co-incidentally with a major thunder storm. That was the end of that day.
Vowing to return, a few weeks passed before another chance presented itself. Armed with day passes, the three of us got there just about the time yet another thundershower unleashed torrents on us. Soaked within minutes, crowds streaming out the gate, we braved the day and spent the last couple of hours in cool but sunny weather.
Teeth chattering, squeezing Brn's hand for like a Vise Grip, determined to give it a go... we boarded the virtually empty cars and, minutes later... it was all over.
Yup... I had finally... looped the loop!
I had defeated my fear and rode the screamer!









No comments:

Post a Comment