Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 14, 2010

FURRY CREATURES AND SAVAGES!




Uncle!!!
(that's me.)
I travelled North last week to see a couple of clients, visit with Liz (and Chelsea and Jesse) my favorite nephew Tyler? and the menagerie of pets, including (but not limited to Buster (the troubled canine), Trouble (the not so troubled blue eyed blonde) and Missy (the mysterious oriental). Oh yeah, can't forget Abu, the camera shy ball python. Not much action there, think straight 40 weight at -40!












I had hoped to take my XT 600 along for the ride, but of course... it was pouring friggin' (pardon me here) cats, dogs and snakes!


Tyler and Chelsea's home is also inhabited by hundreds of little furry creatures (get stuffed) I wonder if that's the fate that awaits Buster upon his inevitable demise?

Between thunderclouds and downpour, I did have a chance to take a scoot around on Kazue's old LS 650, the bike Liz has been riding the last few years. Ahem... when I say "riding" I mean that figuratively as she somehow between raising Cain (that be Jess) dealing with back yard oil wells (NG actually) moving, working, gardening and installing solar lighting... there don't seem to be much spare time for her riding.

I have owned about 10 of these bikes over the years. A vertical, counterbalanced single displacing 652cc, coupled to a four speed trans... this bike is a pretty good imitation of a little back yard "chopper". The one in question, I'd spotted about a dozen years ago, piled high with gear while waiting for the ferry across Kootenay Lake. I was surprised to see it ridden by a tiny Japanese girl, who had imported the bike from J A Pan and subsequently rode across Canada!

Speaking about BC ferries... it pisses me off that we as motorcyclists are no longer given priority boarding. What's up with that?!
Too many complaints from the four wheel set? Most likely. No matter, I think it to be unsafe placing us in the position of having to pass all those guys anyway!
(great fun though!)
So, it rained, alot. In fact after a fabulous day yesterday, where the sun shone and the temps went into the mid 20's... we are back to a week of coolness and wetness... only 11 forecast tomorrow. Ever notice how the weatherman/woman always gets it right when it's crappy and rarely when they forecast 'nice'
If I were wrong that many times, I would run and hide my head in shame!










No comments:

Post a Comment