Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Time has come!



Well after a hectic bit of ingenuity (if I say so myself to myself) I have enough rear brake to set out with confidence. Having pulled a rabbit out of ye ol' helmet, I swapped the rr brake pads side to side and should have no problem until I find a Yamaha dealer in Mainstream Euro to buy some replacements. The bike is fully loaded and I will leave tomorrow the 14th of May.




I have a stopover planned for early in the day, so won't get out of Hungary until the following morning. One night in Western SLOvenia and the next night I should be in the Tuscan region riding under that fabled Tuscan sun. In fact... if I spot Diane Lane in a floral sundress... well I may not come back! (just kidding hon)




I have a bit of a destination in mind (giggles from the peanut gallery) I'm going to try and arrange my time to visit the Ducati factory and Museum in Bologna!! I may have to putter around the vicinity for a couple of days, but Firenze (Florence) I'm told is a "must see" so I think I "must see it". Pisa ( not P I Z Z A Hance) is not far away. Worth a photo or three I would think. This region is fabled for it's breathtaking beauty, even without DL, and has some of the World's finest collection of Art. With plenty of ACAD (wink wink) experience to rely on, I can't pass this opportunity by.




So my friends and fellow Bloggers... tomorrow... we ride!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck, Dad!! We'll be thinking about ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nummer one daughter... I am expecting much, maybe one day we will do that ride thru Baja together:)

    ReplyDelete