Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Legacy vs new look Blogger



Personally, after over ten years blogging from what began as a means of reaching more my friend list, entertain them and keeping in touch with people I knew while motorcycling Europe.

Seeing as I have reached the age of applying for pension, simpler is better is me.  I have a hard enough time deciphering much of the code in Twitter, Facebook  and if it was up to me, I would have one on hand called "chipper" which basically like wood... chopped all those up. 

I was good with email and happy with cell phone vs having to know everything and nothing.




Anyway... I was really pumped on my ride yesterday, in beautiful weather, with a blog in mind for you today. I geared up my CBR 300R and proceeded 105 miles (165 km) riding various back roads and even dry sand/gravel rural routes. Temperature was a wee bit cool the first half hour, but by 3 pm very pleasant. 



In fact I found the area know as Bonshaw, did some walking, watched some trout anglers wetting some fly's. In all my years, I had never been in this heart of the Island.  Twisty roads, nary a cloud in the sky and before long while in the heart of the hills, I found my paved road got less paved and more potholed, to eventually only dirt roads, and soon leaf cover and I was the only one there.  It would made more sense to be riding my Serow Yamaha, but it was dry enough to in this case, run what ya brung!



What I had was a 6 speed, clip-on handlebar, fully faired Honda. 

There wasn't going to be any stand up, just dodging water/mud filled holes and tilted watch for the big hole!

I know my riding friends may doubt me but hey, I wasn't about to speed home and come back on the 225.  I had snapped about 50-60 pic after all to show off this pretty area code of the Island.

So I thought...

As if having to deal with a "new look" blog  wasn't enough... I find out today... well actually what I didn't find, were yesterday's photos! 

It's rare, in fact I can't remembered that last time I had such bad luck.

Long story short, like many things in life, if you blink, you miss it!

So my combined 5 hours on the road with the little CBR included back country ATV and Snowmobile trails.  I just can't prove it.  Guess I'll have to do it again. 

In the meanwhile, I'm going to ad lib some photos that may give you an idea of what afternoon was like, and another day... I'll come back to retrace my route. You'll just have to take my word on the Honda portion, for now.

One more thing... please Mr. Blog guy/gal... I'd appreciate taken the well travelled route for me and keeping it.







No comments:

Post a Comment