Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Spring is just round the corner...



Someone recently said this old adage to me... "spring is  just around the corner." 



The Citicom 300i One of many needing a rear tire.
So, like any good explorer would do, that's what I did.  From my home on County Line Road, I went up the lane and turned the first corner to the nearest intersection.  Okay technically I was still on my property so that may not count. Once on the road and at the first intersection with Irishtown road, I looked left, (lot's of snow there) then I looked right |(obviously the Big road plow has been using that corner for snow storage, and having run out of corners or at least disappointed because I didn't see spring on mine, I went home, put the Blazer in the garage and deciding to catch up on some chores.

Okay, in reality, we've had it pretty easy as far as winter's go, only got pinned down a couple of times waiting till the following day or sometimes two, until I would see the snow plow go by.  Now let me explain this just a wee bit.  P.E.I. is split into three counties... Prince in the west, Queen, centrally located and Kings, the rugged East shore.  My home is actually the border of the first two and in fact during summer months, it's about an 8km jaunt to the Gulf of St Lawrence. In winter months there is a 2.5 km section of County Line Rd that is not open to vehicular use, in fact it's part of the Snowmobile trail system on the Island.

Willy, has his medical issues, but still hanging in there. We're pals.


There is a neighbor to my NW but then nothing until you've travelled an additional 2.6 km.  This, during winter months, is technically the "end of the road."

Unlike my previous long term home in Alberta, we actually see four seasons with clear delineations. Yes, Batman... there is a Spring, summer, fall and winter, and there is no missing or confusing that.

This is the time of year I begin thinking I should have changed those tires last fall, cuz' once spring hits I'm going to want to ride.  My Citicom 300i needs a rear skin, the CBR300 as well.  The MP3, needs two.  Not front and back as you would think normally, but I need to replace the tires on the front.  Yup, that's right... the Piaggio MP3 of course is a leaning trike with two front wheels in case you have forgotten.


This is Coco... she's seen a tough life, I nursed her back to health after finding her weak and frail under my Ascot in PHX









In addition there are oil changes, some routine service and freshening up my gear so I am ready when "spring" arrives.

There are changes taking place around my place, no need to get into them at this point but I'll be sticking close to home this year.

Willy who like many before him, has problems with his health.  In fact he was scheduled for termination the day he jumped up on my shoulders at the local Island Humane shelter in the fall of 2012.  In a nutshell he hasn't had teeth for many years and also has an immune deficiency, that causes pain occasionally when he is chewing.  There's much more but in short, it means I can't leave my Island home for any length of time.  An overnight at Lisa's maybe... but that's about it.

So I am going to ride the remainder of the Island roads and as I always do, make the best of a bad situation.

So... until spring arrives or at least the 21st of March... I am only reviewing old pics (I have about 45,000 digital photos and several albums if I get tired of looking at those.

They have their issues but I love them all. 


Thumbs up, if we pass!





PS My beloved Triumph Thunderbird is going to be sold this spring.  Tough decision but goes along with my desire to struggle less and enjoy more, my bikes.  If you want to see it... or more pics... you can comment on my Blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment