Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

KILLING TIME...


Funny how some of my regulars worry about me when I haven't blogged for a couple of weeks.  I get email wondering how I am.  Some of the old guard, that knew me when I had my "event"  (heart attack) show concern.  It's true that I've been sidetracked for much of the past two months.  Once I had the bikes and lawn mowers winterized winter set it. 

Seems we've had snowfall weekly. 



No major stuff but certainly a must clear when we see a foot or so.  My driveway is not paved but the recycled black-top freezes to near pavement consistency. Depending on how long it snows, I try and get my 3600 square feet of driveway asap and then drive into Summerside to do the apartment walks etc.  I've been able to keep up, having bought a blower last year for the apartment build certainly helps. 

Between home and town, having had about 14-15 snow days since mid November, I've been pretty busy. 

That and keeping Willy looked after.  Three months ago one of our vets suggested putting him down, in fact he was slated for the needle when we found him at the Humane society that day 6 years ago and acknowledged that we were aware of his possible life threatening issues.  I made a vow to myself I would hand feed him if required but as it turns out... he is happy to eat when he's hungry and to take the pain of chewing away, I soak his kibbles in warm water for several minutes I have managed to cut down his painful episodes by 90 percent or more.  He's happier and in fact he's helping me write this as I write... purring away trying to take up as much of my laptop as he can.

In any case, I'll be servicing the INDY Lite this weekend, and spend a bit of time puttering around my hood which is mostly wooded, but with some farmers trails to play with. 

NOW that I am done clearing last nights snowfall (took about 3 1/2 hours even with some help from Brenda on the deck, we have nearly 500 square feet of decking 10 feet off the ground I will be heading in to SS tomorrow to wrap there as well.

In my spare time, I have considered plans for this year.  2019 will be a pivotal year in many ways.  I have to seriously consider what to do with my Arizona residence.  That may morph into a road trip to bring back my XT 350 and the FT 500 Honda.  Unfortunately I cannot bring the scooter across the border... it's not on the "approved" list.  That's another Blog.


So, time for some left overs and putting my feet up in the living room and seeing what's on Netflix tonight.

Cheerio,



talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment