Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Head to the woods!

yeah... never know what you'll find.


It was a wonderfully sunny day, and hot! 

Well not Death Valley in July hot, and maybe not exploding angry Hawaiian throwing virgins into a volcano hot, and not even me naked in the shower hot... but hot enough that I think I lost 2 pounds in sweat alone today!

Trails and woods

I've been very busy cutting grass, running to and fro, fulfilling my "manly" duties and running into Kensington to pick up 12 V light bulbs, deposit a US$ check (always appreciated) and pick up medication for my kidney stones, which if I may say... don't seem to be "rolling"... more like scraping the Rocky Mountain valleys after the last glaciation period!

Agony defined!

All I can say, must have been a wicked high tide!

I have heard giving birth to stones is a lot like giving birth.  If that is the case, I certainly don't envy expectant Mom's!

As many of my regular readers know, I have several street legal "trail" bikes.  Having not ridden my Serow 225 much this year, I decided on riding it.  Of course this meant I wouldn't be taking the highway, well at least not all the way, but I would be detouring onto the local dirt/sand roads.  Light as the 225 is at under 250 lbs as compared to the big bro XT 600 at about 340 lbs I can throw around the smaller bike and the sandy roads don't pose as much of a problem,  Usually I am standing in any case (lowers the CG) and leaned back slightly with a little throttle, or sometimes lots of throttle, depending on the depth of the sand and of course, my mood!

Peaceful and 10 degrees cooler

It's basically a 10 minute drive into K'ton but today I could stretch that out to three times that and likewise on the return.  I checked out my secret trout hole on route and even did a backwoods trail I haven't used for several years. 

The shale pit a short ride from my place
Light at the end of the tunnel!

Even though it was rather warm especially standing with my gear on in the sun, I had enough forest cover available that I could cut that exposure in half.  Unlike PHX AZ... PEI has trees and lots of them. 

Once geared up with the engine running, as I am putting on my helmet and gloves and after having checked the brake light operation, signal lights and a general walk about round the bike, I headed out.  For most of the year I have two choices for leaving my home... I can turn right at the driveway and head toward the highway, or I can turn left and climb the seasonal road giving me a fabulous view from atop or I can even take some trails before I have to pick up pavement.

Things are mighty green!
No, I didn't put a lot of miles on the little bike today, but I tend to measure my day and my F U N reader in smiles... not miles!




 Today... I was almost all the former and not the latter!  That's the way I like it :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment