Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 13, 2017

P is for Progress!



IT'S a shame that I am in Phx where the days are warm and sunny while the nights are warm and  sultry... and I am confined to the local area.  After the initial shock of seeing my two batteries on the charger but the charger breaker off (along with the rest) I had the two topped up by the following day.  I was having visions of having to buy new batteries again, but fortunately dodged that bullet.

My kitchen


I have virtually no clothes, no socks and no riding gear save for a helmet and gloves (which I bought last spring).  The POD is still where it was 9 months ago and it's still locked. 

I just came from 'home' to see that Robert and Phillip are doing well on the initial painting and assorted work.  He tells me there will be a different crew here tomorrow painting the accent colors.  That sounded a mite odd, but hey... I'm just glad to see some Progress!

Living room and entry

The two of them worked through the weekend (Memorial Day here in the US) when I thought we would certainly take this weekend off.  Well I did anyway.  Watched some war movies and documentaries related to that history.  This is after all Arizona and the battleship by that name was one of 6 sunk during the attack by Japanese forces December 7th 1941 at Pearl Harbor.  My local library has a small memorial plaque in its yard.

Coco last spring before our departure to Canada

Fuel is still quite inexpensive at a common $2.25-2.35 per US gallon.  A single one of those will give me a typical scooter range of 85 miles.  It would probably improve if I had a bit more horsepower but the 150cc fan cooled Adventure is less than 10 bhp.  I don't have any problems around city streets and have even taken two day long trips on her.  One was across the cities to Apache Junction a few years back and last year I took little used paved country roads to roll on 180 miles via Wickenburg. My Citicom with 21 hp would be quite useful down here but hey... the Chaun-L is light, reliable and has enough room for 3-4 bags of groceries.  In other words, she's been my mule for almost 10 years.

Got sorted with my PC roaming this morning so that should give me more flexibility using my cell.  Hopefully I will meet again with Robert the PM on my digs and we can get on with my choosing material and fixtures.  Ultimately I would relly love to be able to spend as much time s possible in my own place than this Marriott hotel, the same place I stayed last year except for not having the companionship of Coco, who I am missing a lot.  Nevertheless, I am glad she is there in her new home and not here in this hotel room.

Boo, has her own keys to my digs...


Hey... maybe things will come together and I can squeeze in a ride.  Ever since getting stalled out lost looking for the Old Stagecoach rd this time last year, I would like to tackle it again and complete the loop.

Well TTFN as they say!



Just another beautiful sunny Arizona day!







No comments:

Post a Comment