Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 7, 2016

The vacation begins...

Boo on fence patrol, like little Phx used to do.



It was a wonderfully sunny day... I exclaimed loudly with gusto... "I LOVE IT"

My first week here is always one of ritual.  I get the scooter geared up so I can do my errands and pick up a few groceries, then the 350 and then sleep.  Lots of sleep.  I've never been one to respond well to time zone changes and it's only now in my second week that I can say I'm on Arizona time.  Of course AZ does not adhere to daylight savings time, I guess because there's plenty of daylight.

Bootoo making good use of the box house I made and pillow I got her at Value Village


How can you resist that face???
On my agenda today is a small grocery shop, well they're all small grocery shops except the odd time I've gone with Judy by car as I did this trip.  My BIG shop has done me pretty well, I am nearly out of perishables and cat food. 

Between BOO and the new cat, the two of them have nearly eaten me out of house and home.  I don't know where Boo puts it, she's still tiny like a kitten and dainty, but feisty.  Of course Judy feeds her, I feed her and someone a couple of units over has been feeding her as well according to Jude.  In any case top of my list are another couple dozen cans of Friskies for the pair of them.


"LEMME IN, LEMME IN, LEMME IN!"

Other great news, Judy has found a loving home that will take Bootoo in.  Her sister (I hope I got this right Jude?) took in a scruffy male that hung around here two years ago.  Mr. T. was rough and tumble, a scrapper as they often are in these parts, along the likes of a 17th century pirate, used to taking what he could when he could, and watch out to any feline that was in the way of that!

He used to think nothing of rushing into my pad whenever a chance presented itself and swatting Boo aside in the process on his rush to the food bowl!



Set up my old Baja travel tent...


My 'latest' acquisition is nothing like that, very docile and quite nervous him/herself, and I think she would make a great house cat. I'll be sorry to see her go but I feel great having Doctored her back into pretty good shape with some food, water and TLC. The food helps, but the TLC is what really works.  I think I will give it a few more days, help build up her confidence before sending her off to a great home.  She is unique, her and Boo could be related, ((they're not) in their coloring, very pretty cats, maybe the prettiest I have ever seen.  Maybe I can get a chance to visit with her and Mr. T. before I leave the country again.

... and look who moved right in !

On my agenda today, besides stocking up on kitty din, will be to make a trip out west.  That is west of where I am now.  I'm going to the White Tank mountains to check on camping and hiking opportunities with a stop planned at the very interesting Maricopa County Library.  It's a unique building that Holly and Kevin would have some comments on architecturally I'm sure.  The trip should fill out most of the rest of my day.

With the medium sized XT now with a fresh battery courtesy of Bob's Motorcycle Salvage in south Phx, a once over twice and we should be ready for longer distance travel.

Okay better hop to it, time's a wasting... 

No comments:

Post a Comment