Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Four Hundred

I'm NOT lost, just sorting out where I am.



WHILE
thinking of this upcoming, epic, number four hundred edition of this blog... I tried to conjure up something inspirational.  Something that gave a sense of who the Dr of N Thusiasm is. 







How can you forget, Forgetmenot pond?
It was on the 6th of May, 2009... I first put "pen" to paper in this fashion.  It was a Wednesday, and I wrote about my arrival in Hungary, why I was there and the trials and tribulations of following my dream thirty eight years late.



Holly, my well traveled elder daughter had suggested it.  Roaming around 22 countries and 20,000 plus kilometers, and trying to upload photos repeatedly to send on numerous emails to friends and relatives, was taking a great deal of time, causing my numerous (but not humorous) headaches dealing with keyboards in different languages, many that didn't function 100 %, and of course it wasn't cheap sitting in an internet cafe or bar and paying dearly for my time on the net.

A solemn visit both times I was at Auschwitz
Somewhere in the Arizona desert


Once I got set up with Blogger, I could insert half dozen photos, tell the latest adventure story, and be done in an hour.  You, who have been with me since the beginning, could follow along and share my dreams. 

Somewhere in Athens!
Since then I have gained a small following, with about 200 people that read along at least regularly.  You live in various parts of Europe, Japan, Mexico, the USA and of course at home in Canada.  I have reached over 26,000 views and I truly hope, you continue to share my adventures.

Having fun, keeping in shape.


I thank you for your loyalty, for sharing your thoughts and suggestions here and in emails, and giving me such joy in doing this.  It ain't easy, much as I love to write about motorcycling, many times I use this forum to step up on the soapbox and state my 2 cents worth.  Sometimes you don't agree with me, other times you think I am being a pussy, that I don't go far enough.  In any case, I see no reason to quit, I will en-devour to keep on writin' if you'll keep on readin'.

So... this is installment number 400.  Can't wait to hit 500!

Cheers all.
Yes, the bridge!














No comments:

Post a Comment