Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 19, 2013

The ballots are cast, the votes are in, the polls are closed!

My fall 2013 trip to Phoenix is almost in the books, so to speak.  I've been coming down to my little oasis in the Sun for 5 years now and I wanted to summarize this trip:

All scores are in percentages fyi.

Ease of easing in: 75%
After all I really haven't been here for 2 years previous with the move and all.

Bike and scooter service:  85%
Sure both batteries were dead but both machines have kick starters.

Freshly serviced and ready to Rock.


Fence: 98%
New too bad the gate was cut too long.  It took nearly 2 months to have it shortened.


Think I need a mower?


Scooter use:  99%
Great for trips around a 20 km radius.  Will haul 4 bags of groceries and whatever fits on the floorboard between my legs.  Only problem was a gang plug that came loose on the rectifier and I blew nearly every bulb on the machine.  New battery made things easier too.  One cross city trip that put me in the saddle for 5 hours was a highlight.


Adventure scooter in Apache Junction.


Bike use: 85%
Still plagued with low rpm probs and the odd mis-fire.  Had the right hand carb manifold separate and put the XT out of commission for a week prior to leaving.  New parts including tires and gearing should make things more pleasant next year.

Malfunction at the junction.


Weather: 85%
One week with 2 days of rain followed by several days of coolish (for here) temps brought the score down.

Rides:  97%
The scooter day trip highlight and the many loop trips including some very challenging riding on the XT were highs.  I finally closed several routes loops that I have wondered about for years.





On the trail.
Just another abandoned homestead, fixr upper anyone!



Taking care of business:  90%
I got my legal work done, paid taxes, bought some Christmas presents and got a "new" old bike, one that I will be able to ride longer distances on and besides, its funky, quirky and rare... like me!

1982 Ascot 500


New experiences: 99%
From Frank Lloyd Wright, to the Outlet Mall, to riding new trails.

B-25 Mitchell bomber




Roosevelt lake from Tonto National Monument.


Companionship:  110%
Spent quality time with buddy Dave on several occasions, lots of time with neighbor Judy and her son Nathan, a couple of visits with friend Heather, and had the company of little Boo boo from the first night until the last, she having made my place her second home.  Daughter Holly surprised me with a 5 day visit, her first. I never felt lonely this time around.

Holly at FLW.




Boo Boo Licious, my loaner kitty.


                                                

                                            Overall: Most Xcellent!













No comments:

Post a Comment