Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 25, 2013

A Tail of two kittens...



PHOENIX is such a temperate climate for kitties.  Warm year round, no risk really of freezing to death.  Lots of shelter, plenty of water if you know where to look and an abundance of food sources, especially in a complex as this.



My pal Einstein died March 31st, 2010 and I was not in a hurry for another cat.  He had been such a reliable, long term companion, it seemed like betrayal to even think of another cat, despite the advice I got from every quarter.



In the fall, I headed to Phoenix for my vacation and to host first Liz and Cindy, but also later on, Brenda and Anna.  During their stay for those of you following along this Blog over the years, they schemed to round up a young male kitty that was pretty obviously looking for a place to rest his paws.  Against my better initial judgement, after all... they were flying back shortly and I was doing a winter drive, little Phoenix became part of my household here for several weeks. 

I couldn't find anyone that would take him, there was such a multitude of feral cats around, so I decided to train him the last week and ended up driving the two of us back to Canada.  He has since lived with me in Calgary and then last September, made the move to PEI as my driving partner in my Ford.



In the week it took us to cross the country, he spent the nights in my motel rooms and the days cooped up in the cab of the truck, sometimes unhappily!



Fast forward a year...





I'm here again at my southern home.  During my first night airing out the place, this little kitten hops up on the couch at my head, friendly and purring mewing gently, she has made herself quite at home.  Fortunately she belongs next door with my neighbor Judy, and wanders freely back and forth.



The similarities between the two very different pussy cats is uncanny as you will see in the photos.  Sure sure, they look different and are several generations apart, but the thing they have in common is my yard and tree!  For  two small kitties, its a size able property to patrol the fence and perimeter from.  In the week or so I have been here, and since Holly's arrival last Monday, we have thoroughly enjoyed her company, basking in the sun, getting underfoot, rubbing against our legs and generally working into our hearts.



I will be sad to see her stay behind but of course glad that she is in such good care with neighbor Judy.




Who knows... she may even remember me when I return in the fall, and come by for a treat or a neck rub... her not me:)




















No comments:

Post a Comment