Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 8, 2012

New Addition One!

Okay... I make no apologies for it... I am a died in the wool, Nthusiastic, crazy cat boy!

I've had cats my whole life, beginning with Smokey the stray I'd adopted who much like the Disney trio, completed an 'Incredible Journey ' of his own to find me once we'd moved.  Smokey lasted until I turned 18.

Since those early days, I've had many dozens of felines of every description and temperament.

Princess Abby


When Einstein, my longest lived and absolute best buddy died March 31 2010, I thought it would be quite a while before I ventured into the cat kingdom again. 

Einstein, by best pal!


Took about 8 months when that cute little kitty showed up in Brenda and Anna's arms while we were Christmasing in Phoenix, 2010.  I fought the urge but it was really quite hopeless.  Those tiny little 'meows' him looking in from his box I'd made from an RCA sound system, through the looking glass into my living room, patrolling the perimeter of the yard from the stockade or high up in the Acacia tree. 





Phoenix, helping Dad at the keyboard



He rode home to Calgary with me in the Chevy and after living in Silver Springs for a year, all the way east in the Ford.

Now that we are somewhat settled in our new digs in Spring Valley (hmmm Silver Springs, Spring Valley) somehow or other we have very quickly aquired a new addition to our home.




Anna and Abby

Abby is a 6yo ish female came home with us last Tuesday.  We found her on Kijiji PEI in Stratford (near my old shop) living with Tammy comfortably in a very nice home.  Circumstances sometimes being what they are, they were looking for a new home.  We know how hard it can be for an older mature cat to be adopted, kittens, cute and popular as they are, have an adoption shelf life of barely 8-9 months.  Once we'd met with the duo, we decided on the spot that we could give Abby a good home.  She's still getting used to the new surroundings, not easy for cats like humans to accept big changes, but is doing remarkably well.

Her and Phoenix, although he's been tentative, at least have confined their disagreements to gentle hissing, but no fur flying fisticuffs.  I think they will adapt in a few weeks. 

And So... the cat sage continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment