Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My name is Bond...

James Bond.


Okay I don't do movie reviews, but I can say the first of the latest series, and the following, were lackluster, plot poor, derived of serious villains and sleepers but not in the normal sense of the word.  I mean real ho hummers!

I almost gave up* the franchise...

In fact they were so bad, I sat down one day and wrote a review that was echoed by hundreds/thousands of fans world wide.

Went to see Skyfall last night with my sweetie.  Memorable night for several reasons.  Numero uno... it's our first actual "date" since arriving on the Island.  Got Anna into bed real early, and drove like a madman (almost Bond like) into Summerside to arrive for the 9pm showing.  Having purchased tickets earlier, we didn't need stand in line (although to be truthful, there was little waiting) and found good seats up high and center in a very nice theater.  Sure sure, its not the 28 screen variety close by me in at AMC in Glendale, nor even the 12 screen in Crowfoot, Calgary.

I won't go into details as some of you haven't seen the flick yet, but I will say this.  Opening with a stunning rooftop Istanbul motorcycle chase scene, had me gripping the imaginary bars and twisting my wrist!

Exotic location filming, beautiful women, enough explosions to do a July fourth day proud, and almost anti Bond yet clearly old style Bond in its villains and chases and the surprise appearance of the ASTON Martin that if not the actual car, one like it.  Wonder what Connery thinks of that.  Craigs performance reedemed his earlier efforts and in some of the other films I've seen him in, it was obvious, the guy is a pretty decent actor.

If you are a Bond guy/gal or an action fan, its worth a see.

*doubtful I'd ever do that :)


No comments:

Post a Comment