Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 19, 2010

Snow White, and the seven...

After a crummy Motorcycling year, winter arrived with a vengeance this week.  Living on a corner city lot and having two large driveways, there is always an abundance of snow to shovel when the fluff hits.  High winds and steady snow over two days, only succeeded in aggravating my usual back pain.  When this happens, I just seethe over that collision in 2002 that brought this on, changed my life.


Four guys, one 1/2 roofs, 10 hours!

Young guy from Lethbridge, speeding on McLeod, seeing the light change to yellow and seeing me, decided that I would twist the throttle and run the light.  Wrong!  I stopped, he didn't.  The only good news was that the tire squeal from his Mazda was so LOUD that no one moved, except me. I dumped the clutch (was still in gear) and turned the throttle. That extra few yards and the corresponding decrease in impact speed, saved my life.  Still, the after effects linger and will always.  A shoulder without full mobility and a dozen back ligaments stretched beyond their usefulness. 

To add insult to injury, I was caught in the stupid short lived Government decision to cap personal injury claims, resulting in a token settlement after three years!  Naturally, they quickly found the folly of such things and rescinded the cap, but all to no avail for my case.

Anyway, whenever I shovel I think of that episode with disgust. 
No One's Ark heading to her New Home


This week... I was thoroughly disgusted!  I must have been out there 16 times shovelling.

I'm sure glad to be heading to my little home in Glendale in a few days. 

There never seems to be quite enough time to do the things you have to and while still a 'working man' I have an awful lot to do.  Having the www.  allows one to still keep in touch and even though this is a mini holiday for me, I am still going to have to deal with some work issues.

On the bright side... the roofers are done and "No One's Ark" found a new home in Lethbridge with Clark and Ibolya.

Winter has landed!



Some day soon, I would like to leave all that behind and move into the next phase of the Life and Times of Dr N. Thusiast!

 





This will be?  is me... in a few more days!  Deja vu...

2 comments:

  1. Dr N
    it seems we as bikers have to have eyes in the back of our heads, but the idiots will always be there unfortunately.
    Ive been plowing snow all week at work trying to keep these same idiots on the road. They think they can still drive 100kph or more.
    sun, heat and a cold drink, lounge chair, sounds good, enjoy!!!
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Danno... I hear ya. Check out the short Blog update!

    PS One of these days, we'll do Baja together pal. Rubber side down!

    ReplyDelete