Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

It's not nice to gloat!


WHILE many of my 'friends' are broiling like shish-kabobs under a hot Western sun, I'm almost ecstatic that my thermometer has reached 5 degrees Celsius!!  Time for the beach! Almost, well not quite.

Brenda on the throne.

Reports of 30+ degrees in the BC interior and close to that in Southern Alberta and even similar temperatures in Northern Alberta leaves me feeling, well, left out in the cold.  I just stepped outside to have a look see where little Willy may be (I let him out earlier this morning) and realized that standing out there for even 60 seconds in flip flops and a housecoat was causing severe, como se dice... how do you say, shrinkage of my own little Willy. 

"I know there's cat food around here someplace"


Brrr!  The aforementioned 5C is actually misleading myself as that is in direct sunlight now for over an hour. 

"Oh this is much warmer, thanks dad."



I'm sure on the side of the house where shrinkage was occurring... it was much cooler.  In fact checking the official, reliable weather network tells me it's actually 0.

"I AM WILLY, HERE ME ROARrrrryawnnnn."



That'd be ZERO.  As in the range where water turns to ice.

Where's my long-johns anyway...

I picked up a couple of oil filters yesterday while in Metro (Summerside) for a scheduled oil change for the Big Bear, which, btw has been seeing a fair bit of use this winter.  The 4X4 uses the same filter as my XT 600, many sizes of Yamaha Virago/V Stars and others.  With limited snow cover and frozen fields and trails I have ridden around the hood in places that snow would normally exempt me from.  I even popped wife Brenda on the pillion/Queens throne the other day for a little video footage of the trails. 

The Bear is getting a little much deserved service today after which I will be bringing the TY Yamaha in for some mechanical work and spring service.  I plan on riding the 175 Trials bike much more this season, in fact on my to-do list for myself is learning to do wheelies!


Okay so I'm over sixty, why now you may ask... 






................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !

Not much snow this season.  Great for the Bear in the woods!

IN the days I was racing MX, I found out from the really fast guys like (Fast) Eddy MacDonald and Steen Hansen that you won races by keeping the front wheel on the ground, where it could actually steer and leave the showboating for the annual parade.  Now that I am not so serious about winning, and having lived 6 decades, I feel like I can take on a new challenge.  Besides, I'm living in PEI now where showboats are everywhere catching lobster. I always had a hidden admiration for those that could elevate the front wheel for hundreds of feet while my pitiful attempts yielded barely a dozen!

We could use some ofthat Global Warming effect around here.







Never the less, I have a great learning tool in the TY (and later in the season the TL) 

The little Yamaha is battered from a very rough almost East Hasting's like hard life, but as such a dropsy/oopsie here and there isn't gonna kill it right.

So, I have work to do today, heaven knows where I would find time to work if I weren't retired, there's too much to do around here anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment