Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 22, 2019

One for the money... two for the show.



AFTER such a thrilling exploration the day before with the Honda 300...

I took the Serow out the very next day. Whilst I was looking for quiet pavement devoid of serious pot holes and corners, and lots of corners on the Honda, with the 225 I was looking for the trail situation, something that varies year to year.  I've covered many miles especially in Queen's county beginning with the climb just outside our door. 

Back roads rock.







Within a few hundred feet, the roads turns into a rough single lane track that is not plowed in winter and serves as snowmobile routes nearby.  I wasn't s/m ing but I was riding my nimble, light and reliable little Yamaha.  I'd been riding this bike since new in '92 and my youngest niece Cindy, has the mate to mine.  As common in those days when I had a bike riding partner, most things I bought in two's.



Like riding in a tunnel
The air cooled, 6 speed, 4 cycle engine with decent suspension, narrow and light... makes trail riding a breeze.  It's recently turned 14 thousand km and it's still in excellent shape.  I don't give my dual purpose bikes a low of attention, I admit... having so many cars and bikes make it difficult to keep them in pristine condition. The XT's in my possession are all work horses.  Apart from the annual oil change, routine  maintenance , chain adjustment, and hand wash, they are for getting me into the back country without breaking down, and getting me out again.  They are all street legal, hence the back roads are not a problem with legalities for me.

It's been pretty warm the last week or so, I'm not complaining, and because I pretty well stay off the highways and patrol the back lanes among the trees, where cool air allows the about the perfect environment, I enjoy exploring.  She has a fairly small fuel tank but at approximately 95-100 mpg... I can cover a large distance without running looking for a fuel stop.



Never know what shape the trail is in.




Very interesting design.

Here's something you don't see every day. 
We've even got some twisties!

Can't help but smile.




Doesn't get much better than this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment