Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Death and Taxes



I'm sure all of us in many languages know that phrase.  We say it jokingly but of course it's absolutely true.


We're born.
We live.
We die.


What we do as humans, how we learn, gain experience, treat others, the wildlife, the planet in general is our choice.

Those of you that read my blog, which I initially began while I was motorcycling Europe a decade ago, as a way of keeping friends and family informed and hopefully entertained as well, know I believe that if we live to fifty, a half century, the rest is bonus time.   

Recently I've had for me, some bad news cross my path.  Beginning with my Chicago cousin Mike, followed by word that my last living uncle (HU) died recently and then closer to home, long time friend and mentor John Metcalfe. 

They were born.
They lived (and paid taxes) and they've died.

If you know me from reading this blog or any one of many published motorcycling adventures, that I occasionally hop up on my milk crate (nearest thing to a soapbox I have) and harp on doing something with yourselves.  I don't care what it is. 

You don't have to do what Dave P. is doing, riding a KTM 950 half way round the world, you don't have to press your luck alone in an Arizona desert. 

In fact you don't have to do anything motorcycle related at all. 

But by George... do something with your life.  Something that you're inspired by, something others can aspire to. 

As far as I know... we only get one crack at this, and it's only too late when the curtain is coming down. There are no "mulligan's" here.


No comments:

Post a Comment