Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Moving into riding season, inch by inch.

Overlooking the Okanagan Valley 2015
Ahhh, she's aging but still B E A U T I F U L !
BIG PLANS require BIG THINKING!     

Of course any plan can be shut down cold by the unexpected, ummm, like cold. For example, the spring was looking good but then lately, in June, we began moving into summer at a snails pace.

Disregarding for a moment the responsibilities we have as human, like work or money or family commitments, coupled up with inclement weather and presto, that well thought out good idea, goes up in smoke!

Can't alter the weather (well in a good way) we just give into Mother Nature sometimes and move on.

Shore is purty!

I've had my T Bird out a couple of cool rides, my Citi 300, which actually has pretty decent weather protection for legs arms face and hands, and my XT's which in reality, I ride mostly in country lanes or trails, where weather doesn't affect one as much. 

Cool day at the beach.

We've seen 28C a couple of times and in fact maybe 10 days above 20C... which truthfully "ain't bad"... but it's been inconsistent and rarely falls on the days you don't have an overgrown lawn to cut or people aren't moving in and out of your apartment, or visitors.

Brenda is shrinking year by year...


I had hoped that by now I'd have had several rides under my Prexports, but nope... once again playing catch up.

LS 650 Savage


I've have my eldest niece, who's old Savage I borrowed two years ago to ride back in my home turf * western Canada  visiting for a couple of weeks and because her legs are "too dam short" in her words, she doesn't fit any of the bikes I have licensed, so it's been travel by 4 wheels not two, as of late.  At least its been warmer and of course given us a chance to yak side by side.

Feeding the local wildlife.

Speaking of Liz, she's wolfed down whatever seafood came across her bows, scallops, clams, mussels, and of course, lobsters in a fashion that would make a whale shark gasp!

Never the less, I am still moving ahead (crawling) into summer 2017 with high hopes. 

I have 5 street legal bikes in my garage and I do plan to ride them all...

Cheers!

* Home is where you hang your helmet







No comments:

Post a Comment