Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Greasy fingers!

Prepping for service

I like servicing my own bikes.  There is some very basic personal satisfaction having replaced a tire, or a chain or an oil change.

Stripped

I liken it so come Neanderthal making fire with stones.  These days I am slower at it then when I had a full shop, and truthfully, I am getting older... still, there is something highly visceral about getting grease under you nails.

Valves are under there


My 225 is now fully serviced and ready for the break in weather, which seems to be teasing the begeezus out of us motorcyclists. 

Bashplate pulled


I've replaced the fuel valve parts and even checked the valves, they didn't need adjusting. 

In between raining cats and dogs, fresh snowfalls and sloppy road conditions I did manage to ride the little thumper to Irishtown road and back.  The engine is now more relaxed at 100 kph than with the stock gearing while still having plenty of low speed grunt. 
Re installing






All I can add now is C'mon March 21st!




Don't forget to add oil!!!

Polish


Fresh fuel.



Grease rubber grommet
New rubber, 16T counter shaft, oil changed and valves checked!  We just need weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment