Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Global Warming.

I believe in that.



I also believe in Global cooling.  Just the past few months, I've experienced unusually cool temperatures in Arizona, lots of early snow and cold sub 20 degree temps in Canada, and the last couple of days, well above zero with lashing rain, high warm winds and melting snow.  Yup, global warming and cooling all within a month.



As I pulled into my driveway yesterday after an afternoon in Kensington, I very nearly boo booed my pick up truck as I slid in slo-mo downhill.  Came within feet of bumpers kissing! 

 

With overnight temperatures around 10 C and the accompanying wind, my driveway is virtually free of ice today. 



Brenda and I have been in at the apartment building this past week doing small touch-ups and fixing/cleaning units that tenants left in poor order.  I don't understand people that deliberately or even unwittingly damage property that is not their own.  I've long come to the conclusion that for many, they don't view property or relationships the same way as I do, that is respectfully. 

We may have spare time this year to do some things we want to do.  Daytime's sitting having a coffee on a sidewalk in Charlottetown, maybe an afternoon picnic in a city park.  Riding more of the Confederation Trail, hopefully an overnight or two by motorcycle to Moncton or Cape Breton or the Fundy shore.



It would be great to do more canoeing, the Island has a plethora of shallow, quiet estuaries to explore. 

Some scooter rides in the country with one of my machines.  Perhaps even a visit to New England and the Gaspe as well. 

I'd like to do several street and dual purpose overnight trips myself through the back roads of N.B. or N.S.  And... I have put it on my list to ride my TTR's at least twice a month on my own little grass MX track.  2014 is also the year I get my TY 175 (that I brought with me from Alberta) serviced and ride-able. 

 I have a sand pit that will serve me nicely as a simple trials course.  Steep loose short climbs, some run off cuts and with some pallets and a bit of reconstruction, I'd have a 5-6 section trials course to fart around with. 

Looking back is great, but it maybe more fun to look ahead:)

I'm 59 now, and still have the energy to do these things.  While that's true I plan on taking advantage, after all, this move to PEI was in part, a way of fulfilling a long time dream of having a large enough chunk of property to do these things.



Yesterday was spent in Kensington as I'd mentioned, puttering around in friend Mike's garage/man cave, giving his son Chris a hand.  Chris is motorcycle crazy and although  a relative neophyte, he is absorbing like a sponge.  I helped him buy an '89 Virago 535 last fall for not too much money and young Mr. Smith is busily working on creating a very nice small bore Island fun bike to ride.  In the plan are new shocks, tires, brakes, clutch and a home paint job for the little girl.  I'll post some photos soon.


 

A worthy ambition I'd say...

2 comments:

  1. I'm don't know much about climate change, but it's certainly nice to see some summer pics Frank! Thanks for helping me out yesterday. - C. Smith

    ReplyDelete