Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 12, 2013

Provincial Parks



ONE of the greatest things about living near the Rockies during my long stint in Calgary, was the abundance of parks.  Within an hours ride/drive, there are many great getaways for a picnic, hike, bike or paddle.

For anyone living in the area or contemplating a visit, check out the Provincial website for info on what is on offer.  Several of my favorites are located in Kananaskis.  There's Peter Lougheed, Sheep river, Elbow falls, and Bow Valley. Nearer to town, are Big Hill Springs, and the newest, Glenbow Ranch.

When living within a bustling metro like the Stampede city has become, it sure is good to know that within minutes, you can find a quiet city park, or not much farther afield, a natural getaway. 

For me over the years I was self employed as an independent financial adviser, I had plenty of opportunity to slip away during a weekday, without the crowds and escape to some secluded paradise.

Here's some pics to give you an idea of what I am talking about...

Enjoy the views!






























No comments:

Post a Comment